Why I’m Running for State Representative – by Washington Youson, Jr
I’m running because of my lifelong desire to serve. I have dedicated my life to helping, protecting, and empowering our community. My years of dedicated service have prepared me to faithfully and skillfully execute the duties and responsibilities of the office:
- Co-Founder, Detroit Global Solutions
- Chairman Detroiters Vote
- Board Member, PartnershipUs
- Member, The Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality
- Former District Director, The Office of Congressman Hansen Clarke (D, MI-13)
- Former Community Liaison, The Michigan State Senate
- Former President, Student Government WCCCD
- Former Member, Detroit Recover Project’s–Drug Free Communities Coalitions
I’m running because I have been involved in the community and know the hardships we face, but I am also aware of the abundance of untapped talent and passion our community can cultivate in order to revitalize our region.
I’m running because I know the 1st State House District residents deserve responsive, uncompromised leadership:
- I pledge to make sure your emails and calls are answered promptly and politely
- I pledge to never compromise my integrity or that of our community
- I pledge to make you and your concerns my top priorities as I serve our district
I’m running because I have seen how Lansing has continuously worked to destroy our community, from imposing emergency managers to polluting our air and water.
I’m running for the State House of Representatives to fight for our community and all of the things that Lansing and Governor Snyder have tried to deny us.
-Washington Youson, Jr.